Fall is coming!

I love fall- it's my favorite season. The leaves are starting to turn, the air is a little crisper. Apples and pumpkins are everywhere- including in my coffee.

I know I've been quiet on here- not posting in over a month qualifies as quiet, right? But that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. Aside from life being generally ass-kicky lately, I lost my knitting mojo, so I've spent some time reading. I read two of Ken Follet's books- Pillars of the Earth and World on End. Both were fantastic, although World Without End seemed to drag a bit.

I read several books by Philippa Gregory, including The Red Queen, The Lady of the Rivers, The Boleyn Inheritance, The Constant Princess, and The Other Boleyn Girl. I know I've read more books than that, but I can't think of them.

I also spent about a week churning out stitch markers (which are going to be posted to Etsy soon- although I've been saying that for a few weeks now.)

But, my mojo is back, and with fall here, comes the urge to start churning out winter items- hats, mittens, scarves. I cast on the Super Extremely Simple Cabled Scarf using Malabrigo Chunky in Sapphire.



It's absolutely gorgeous, thick and warm (although, if I were to do it again, I'd probably go up a needle size. But I'm not ripping it out now.) At the rate I'm going, I should have enough extra yarn to make a matching hat and mitts.

I've added about four or five fingerless mitt patterns to my queue, and I'm already starting to look towards Christmas with four gifts and an Advent Calender. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting On

The Right Yarn

Monkeying Around