Season's Greetings...

... or Bah Humbug, whichever you prefer.

Thanksgiving was last week, here in the US, which means the Christmas season is in full swing. Technically, the season starts on Black Friday, which is marked by major sales and insane crowds (use the word "insane" as a modifier or a descriptor, either will work), although the past couple years retailers have been pushing the envelope a bit. The mall nearest where I live started decorating for Christmas and playing Christmas carols starting in October.

Now, that's a bit much. As much as  love Christmas, I shouldn't be pushed to my "bah humbug" limit before Thanksgiving.


In my last post, I complained a bit about deadlines, and how I hated them I regret to say that the orange and yellow balls of Cascade 220 remain untouched. I have a more pressing deadline to make.





This is what is in front of me. A quilt, approximately the size of me. That I am quilting myself. Originally, I had the bright idea of making this quilt reversible, however my quilting instructor inadvertently changed the needle position, so the second quilt top ended up much larger than the first. Rather than try to fiddle with borders to create two quilts of the same size, I decided to simply make two quilts, and give one of them (the more masculine of the two) to my brother as a housewarming gift.

I am probably about 50% done with the quilting. I am ready to throw my machine out the window. Moving day is Sunday.

Guess what's probably not going to get done by deadline?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting On

The Right Yarn

Monkeying Around