Mistakes

Mistakes. We've all made them. Misread patterns. Missed the crucial words, "at the same time."

We've all been there.

Recently, I got back into my toy making kick. I tried to make Rebecca Danger's Hugo pattern for my mother's birthday. This is how Hugo is supposed to look:

However, through my own silliness, I failed to make the head decreases on the sides, so instead of the nice, symetrical body, I got this:





He sat in the corner of my room for awhile, while I figured out what to do with him. I didn't want to frog him, yet I didn't feel as if I could give it away as a gift. It wasn't worthy. I knew I could do better than that. But, as the days went by, I began to appreciate the warpedness of the head. After thinking about it some more, I decided to play on the flaws. I put the arms on slightly crooked, same with the mouth. Instead of using black safety eyes as is customary, I glued on googley eyes- also slightly crooked. The result? Beautiful.

Even the kitchner stitch on the top of his head came out relatively nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting On

The Right Yarn

Monkeying Around