Sucess! and cake.

I'm sure many of you have experienced the pinterest-fail- that diy project or idea that you find on pinterest that looks amazing, yet comes out so horribly wrong?

Well, I heard about a microwaveable, single serve cake on pinterest, where all you do is mix angel food cake and another flavor cake, add some water, microwave, and voila! Single serve cake.

Well, it seemed too good to be true. So I didn't try it. Until I heard about it at a Friday night knit night, I overheard some of the ladies talking about it. As I was deep in conversation with someone else, I didn't hear if it was a sucess, and I didn't think much of it again.

Until today. I was grocery shopping and needed to get another bag of coffee. At the supermarket I shop at, the coffee aisle is shared with the baking aisle. I thought about it a moment, and decided to try it. Worst case senario, I was out the $3.60 for the cake mix.

(Apparently, angel food cake is more expensive than regular cake. What's up with that?)

 WELL, surprisingly, it was a SUCCESS!

and yummy.



First, you make the mix. It's easy- one box angel food cake (apparently, this one is crucial) and one box any flavor of your choosing. I chose devil's food, both cakes were dunkin hines.


Mix 3T mix and 2T water in a bowl or large mug.

Microwave for one minute.


and.... enjoy! 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Right Yarn

Casting On

Monkeying Around