The Right Yarn

I remember, several years ago, sitting in the basement of my favorite LYS grumbling because I had just messed up the project on my needles... again.

I remember throwing the mess of yarn and needles into my bag, trying (and I'm sure failing) to reassure another knitter there that I was sure all my issues with that pattern were user error.

That was several years ago, and every time I browsed through my queue on Ravelry, I'd come across this beautiful pattern, I'd sigh, and I'd move on.

Last Saturday though, some yarn and needles jumped into my hand, and before I knew it, the shawl was just falling off the needles, growing with every row.

I'm not sure what it was. My skills as a knitter haven't improved much since then (in fact, I'm pretty sure it's been years since I've knit any real lace. It's been all hats and cowls and toys while I was spiraling down the craft fair scene.)

Maybe it's just timing. Maybe the stars aligned.

Maybe I just have the right yarn.

At least...  at least until the point where I had to rip everything out and start over.

Again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting On

Monkeying Around