The Training Begins...

We are ten days from the Mass Cast On that kicks off the Ravellenic Games 2012. I had WANTED to prepare by finishing all my WIPs- not because I need the needles, but because I dislike having projects on the needles that aren't in the rotation. While I have been knitting fairly steadily, I have also been casting on. Which is silly. Oh well.

That being said, much of my prep work or the Games is complete. I have sorted yarn with their appropriate needles, stitch markers (yes, I am one of those weird ones that coordinate stitch markers to project), patterns. All that is left is to wind the yarn- which is only necessary for two projects, both scarves. (Yes, I am aware at how crazy I am to attempt to knit two scarves in 17 days. Even if I am on vacation for 7 of them). 

The projects I am planning:

  • The Big Honkin' Bag. I am using some Bernat Handcraftier cotton, in blue. I am knitting this for Team Knit Alone
  • Temperance. I am going to use some Knit One Crochet Too Ty Dy Socks. I am knitting this or Team Mine!
  • The Noro Bias Lace Scarf, using Studio June Sock Club, also for Team Mine!
  • The Saxony Scarf, using Malabrigo Chunky, for Team Knit Alone. 
In case I wasn't too much of an over achiever, I am also planning on:
  • spinning 8oz of BML I bought two days after I spun my first lumpy bumpy yarn. 
  • handdying some yarn. Not sure what colors I'm going to do- I kind of want to see how breaking black would come out.  But I also have a lot of neons I want to play with. 

I'm planning on making one more, possibly two more blog posts before the start of the Games. So I'll see you then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting On

The Right Yarn

Monkeying Around