Snow Day

Like most people in New England, I opened my back door to find this:


2 feet of snow, give or take a few inches. The snow came to about my kneecaps, and I don't feel like measuring my tibia. We'll just say I'm 5' 5. So, after I shoveled a path (stylishly sporting my You Don't Know Our Women and Houndstooth Mittens) from one back door to another,



 I knit a Miranda Hat, which I was surprised fit. For a while, the hat looked like it would be too small (which is my history with toque style hats, so knitting a hat that was too small isn't exactly out of the question.) Then I continued knitting Hugo, which is meant to be a birthday present for my mother, but it currently looks like a misshapen tooth. I might just give her a different monster. Dunno yet.


I'm having a hard time imagining a better snow day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting On

The Right Yarn

Monkeying Around