"Hey Hey LBJ"... wait a minute, wrong President

I had hoped to be writing to announce that I had completed my mitred square afghan, or my slipper socks, or any of my pairs of mittens, but alas, I am writing not of knitting, but of a book I'm reading.

A lot of us listen to audiobooks while knitting, and household chores,  and I am no different. (In fact, I fully admit to listening to audiobooks while at work.)

Currently, I am reading Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America, which is actually quite good. I bought it using a credit from Audible, and I had thought it would be mostly of President Nixon and his presidency, and Vietnam. However, it's quite the opposite.

The book starts off with Nixon's background, and rise to the White house, and then shifts to focus mostly of the chaos in American society. I am not quite done yet, I still have approximately 12 hours left, and I believe I will enjoy every minute of those 12 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting On

The Right Yarn

Monkeying Around