Baby Steps

I'm not much into New Years Resolutions, but I saw a link on facebook which made me laugh out loud. (Which probably wouldn't have been so bad, if I wasn't at work at the time.)

 20 New Years Resolutions for 20 somethings.

Number 19 was particularly resonant with me. "Crap or get off the pot." It's something we say in my family a lot (although our version isn't quite so family friendly.) I finally scored a "grown up" job last September. It's only part time, but between my two jobs I have a full time job.

I decided on March, because it would give me time to save up a bit. Well... March is coming up fast. And I'm a procrastinator.  But I'm not going to become the woman I want to be if I allow fear to take over. I can't grow, and convince myself, never mind anyone else that I'm an adult if I allow the unknown to paralyze me.

Becoming more adult-like is one of my goals for 2012. So is losing 40 pounds... and having chocolate and wine for lunch is probably not the best way to go about that.

But like I said. Baby steps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting On

The Right Yarn

Monkeying Around